Thursday, June 30, 2005

As per usual during my mornings off or so it seems lately I caught a bit of Regis and Kelly; today they were interviewing Dakota Fanning - that's one scary little girl yikes! Anyway, I saw that batman movie last night and seriously, let's just call it spiderman MK2 - same formulaic crap in a can. Unfortunately I was pretty spellbound by the looking through the eyes of an acid trip special effects and did like the move away from the matrix-esque supaslowmo action sequences in favor of a comic bookish quick, indiscernible limbs smashing face in a blur thing. I think I'm waiting to see war of the worlds until it comes out on broadcast television.....looks horrible, plus I'm not sure I can watch with out wretching that scientologist pseudo-pedophile character for the better or worse part of two hours. This week I'm on pace to work about fifty hours and damn, this whole concept of relaxation and sleep is quite all right really. In reading news I'm finishing my second Bukowski book I've read Hot Water Music and am almost finished with Tales of Ordinary Madness. I'm also toiling into this book On Food and Cooking by Harold McGee - it's not a recipe book, basically it's a practical food science text book with a light feel that includes history and epithets and the like a good time spent in non-fiction if you're interested in food at all. I also just finished Shadow of the Giant by Orson Scott Card - don't bother with it unless you've made your way through the rest of the series and like the other series I've read by this funny Mormon allegorist I'd have been better off not following the story though six volumes, but I'll never learn and always follow cool ideas into oblivion. This all brings me to my last issue. What should I read next - vote or some shit and I'll get back to ya...otherwise I'm going to read the copy of Half Asleep in Frog Pagamas by Tom Robbins that I bought used about a year ago and have neglected since - I think I got a martini that day at Tonic(now defunkt) at two in the afternoon.

Keeping it fake,
Erasmus

No comments: