Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hometown Heros


Here's an article about a couple of folks from my hometown - classic and safe for work.

Bought some new cds - here's the digs:

two weeks ago

Art Brut, It's Complicated - a chap talking over music - not recommended, but it's growing on me

Snowden, Anti-Anti - I'm totally into what they're calling psychedelic rock these days and this disk is epiphantic.

Wolfmother, wolfmother - maybe I'm trying to make up for lost time back in the 80's early 90's, but the stoner rock they put out kinda reminds me of the BOC, and I'm a big fan.

Last Week

Talib Kweli, Eardrum - The disk is almost completely unlistenable and they put the single at the end of the disk - I just can't deal with pop hip hop

MIA, Kala - another installment of MIA's loose definition of music; it's trippy fun if you liked the first one Kala will impress, if not don't bother - I'm of the former persuasion

Aesop Rock, None Shall pass - Since a year after the K-rel introduced me to Aesop Rock I've been a huge fan - nobody, besides maybe Solman Rushdie has a bigger active vocabulary - I'm not yet entertained by the disk, but it'll take months to digest, cure, marinate - so I can't say yet what I think about it.

Yeah, so the K-rel got into town last week and it's been good to have another friendly face in the area. I'm job hunting right now and hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for - we'll see.

OUT,
Chromeeyes

No comments: