Friday, April 16, 2004

Ban


I had a late meeting last night and I've got one tonight, so I took the start of the morning off and got into work at about 10am. I had a leisurely morning of coffee, headline news, and some dishes that wanted cleaning and drying. Anyway, first thing on the news was an ABC fluff report about how the republicans were ripping Kerry for his "frenchness" - he can speak nearly perfect French and he's got a cousin who's a mayor of some city there. This pisses me off: 1) that any republican would be so stupid as to try and exploit that & 2) that apparently Kerry is going to some measures to elude people to the connection (ABC said that he'd done a q&a there in french and the French network would not release the footage. So I turned ABC off and watched good old cnn headline news. Headline news had an interview with Don King the boxing promoter giving his loquatious speel about how the Republicans were his choice............my brain kinda turned off. How can there be so much bad election press, why does anyone care what Don King thinks and who's really going to be dissuaded to vote Kerry because he can speak French - he's let his views on the whole Iraque thing be well known from the start, what kind of rational conclusion can one possibly draw from the further knowledge that he speaks french.

-Erasmus

No comments: