Friday, May 13, 2005

Bright Eyes : Concert in Review

First off, Mars Black was pretty amusing - real good work on the turntables and the rhymes were real tolerable. While I didn't really hear much of what The Faint had to say, their presentation was boffo and they sounded pretty cool as well - at the time I was conversing in the upper deck of first ave. The show was all ages, but they let you drink the swill up there if you're at or over 21. Finally Bright Eyes was real impressive. A lot of years ago A_ron took me to see a Sheryl Crow concert and it was a good time, but poor Sheryl was at the end of the tour and pretty much every song was the equivalent of listening to the cd, which was a little disappointing, but after a long tour, I can see how artistic expression is hard to come by. Not so with the bright eyes show, which was advertised as, " Bright Eyes Performing songs from 'Digital Ash in a Digital Urn.'" They only played only like two or three songs not on that album, but the presentation was rad - no less than seven to ten band members, two drum sets, a couple of string pieces...etc. An absolutely deafening sonic incursion into my brain and a move away from playing the songs to wrote off the cd. Really it was what I go to live shows to see - bands I like playing music with an artistic edge that lables them performers and not just recording artists. That's all I've got for now.

Lates,
Chromeeyes

No comments: