Thursday, January 11, 2007

So , like,

Keeping up to date w/ y'all internet connected persons. Here's the scoop, I got back from new year's festivities to find out that my ex-girl/current roommate is not moving to timbucktoo or where-ever she was getting out of my life to, but instead staying and planning on renting the apartment we share after I move out herself (weird, wierd construction man). Anyway, kinda boo. Got my hair cut - that was right on - the shaggy 70's thing was cool, but no longer. In quazi-related matters I went to the employee christmas party at the hotel I'm employed at and a co-worker and boss who I work with daily didn't recognize me dressed in a suit and with short hair. The one dude, a fellow cook thought I was some corporate guy grilling him for the first five minutes of the conversation, needless to say the discussion lightened up a bit afterward. I've got a policy of not hanging out too long or drinking too hard with co-workers - there's a too-laid-back, a little bit too scattered side of me that comes out in those situations that I just don't need to share with folks who's respect ties into my wage earning capacity; apparently I should have stayed though - apparently as is par for the course too good a time was had by some.

I gota get new comments and stuff up on my blog and I'm really not into editing "the code" right now - so if you've got a comment - well, we'll see if I break down and copy and paste tonight.

On gross and not twelve dozen:
The coffee shop I frequent has a broken paper towel dispenser and has a roll of like kitchen paper towel on the shelf - with other people's fingerprints displayed on the cross-section - ick!

I'm starting the double job mambo this weekend again - not sure how I'm going to hold with the three turn and burns this weekend, but hopefully I can power through it and check out some live music saturday night as well, we'll see.

So that's good for now.

Cordially,
Erasmus

post script - thanks go out again to my beloved chicago crew for the gracious hospitality over the holiday.

2 comments: