Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Greetings From the Fine Grind (clean; publicly safe edition)

First off, yeah, I'm still ranting about that smoking ban, but I'm sure it'll be forgiven as soon as forgotten or some such shit. The shins show was the start to a great smoke free metro - hurah (murmers in the background disapprove).

Righto then, it looks like I missed an opportunity to see fire and wine (that sounds right, but it just doesn't ring true, somebody help me out with that one. Bright eyes is coming up though and after furthur review, honestly, I've been waiting for an album like Digital Ash in a Digital Urn for a while, the new ('04) streets didn't do it, although that was pretty cool and RJD2 really didn't do it for me. Frome time to time there's an album that just get stuck in my brain and DAIDU really did - so that's that and I'm much ashamed to say so.

My roommate and his girl are big into that american idol thing - me not so much, but there's this show on afterwards that I thought was good for that last few weeks - this hospital drama called House. I don't usually tolerate hospital drama, but this is an internal medicine hospital drama, which deals much less with blood and much more with differential diagnosis, which byway of the logic involved is fairly cerebral. You see Fineas and you're like well we'd better take that railroad spike outta urr 'ead. In contrast internal medicine is the figurative interpretation of the body's goings on - I kinda digit(s.i.c.). Today, I got sick of the formula revolving around it's this, but wait, no it's not it's this, no it's not it's actually that, maybe it only seemed good because after american idol I'd likely watch M.A.S.H or Friday Night Videos or even the Golden Girls and feel good about it. Too much tv, not enough books read - lesson learned.

lates,
Chromeeyes

No comments: