Monday, April 25, 2005

Locusts - "we are the swarm"

Last night I watched this made for tv movie locusts after a couple of weeks ago having seen tlc's "Super Volcano". Both are fictional accounts of natural disasters of apocolyptic scale. Super Volcano was pretty bad and while the artificial plot line was terrible, there was absolutely no way that it could have prepared me for "locusts" starring Xena the warrior princess, and the swarm of flesh eating locusts (spoiler warning) that were in the end electrocuted after the entire US turned their lights out for a day in the stead of gassing them w/ a nerve agent. It was real bad, even offensive - at one point Xena's husband was talking to some foreigners and he was on the phone with Xena who was giving him hell - in the subtitles the translater said, "these Americans know much about farming, but little about women." I think that was supposed to be funny, but how would these foreigners have delt with the situation - I'm thinking likely with violence - not cool. Anyway, I didn't finish it and I miss Xena w/out her sword and armor.

bye

No comments: