Thursday, September 22, 2005

ani's superhero

Well, after much stumbling, I found out that the reason I couldn't network with my room-mate's computer was because I had not one, but two software firewalls running on my computer I got ahold of his extensive collection, which includes ani difranco's dilate and the song superhero, damn......that shit brings me back to monica, mosh pits, a summer in an apartment with three of my best friends and one random girl ann who kicked ass and bought us beer which we drank on the tar roof outside musebomb's window - the window that brought hot air and garbage truck sounds in at six am, a tequila bottle filled with listerine and a pint jar filled and subsequently emptied into the wakogeko's gullet of tequila, talking about chickbugs and their thirst for grape soda with the poor, poor cashier at that grocery on mifflin street, really big pants that could fit one of us in each let, a mattress in a room with a fire-escape smoking lounge, running along with my biking friends down to picnic point and back again at nine pm and then chaining three cigarettes upon returning home, cross-country skiing lessons in an eighty degree living room...........Wow that shit's flashing....and back

Today was a good day, I'm taking on a bit of extra responsibility at my day job; the chef is finally taking some much, much needed hours off of his schedule and I'll get to run solo for a good bit of the breakfast/lunch/brunch show and even get some help when it's needed, technically, we're all on the level there, but it's like I said to the sucker who questioned my authority a week and a half ago, "you can follow my lead or you can do what you're doing and deal with the consequences later"....or some such shit. I'm having a good time, for the time being, making up my own fun food lunch specials and plodding through the less than scintillating breakfast/lunch/brunch stuff - I figure, as I have for some time that work is work, it's not what the work is that matters, it's how you do it....yeah, chromeeyes, wax fucking poetic some more and you'll have issues........

Anyway, I'm coffee shop blogging right now, which is cool and I'm a little sad to see that there aren't any shows that are catching my fancy the next couple of days, but I've been off from my second job and will be until saturday all week and it feels good to drink a glass of wine after work, shoot some breeze with my co-workers, grab some sushi (did that tonight) from the grocery store and be up to my own devices for the remainder of the evening.

I hope I don't get sick off that grocery store sushi. I've done it before and haven't, but I always hope the same thing. They're some bloody moron definition of insanity that goes as follows: Insanity is repeating the same function expecting different results.

Lates,
Chromeeyes

No comments: