Monday, September 12, 2005

A day of rest

Yeah, so today I've got the day off and tomorrow I'll have the day off. My working weekend turned out allright, but the end of it put me in a pretty foul mood. I worked both jobs (burl and barbette) friday and saturday, but saturday night the sous-chef at burl said he wouldn't be needing me on sunday night which was fine with me because well I'd be working from like 7am to 4pm on sunday anyway - it'd be cool to have an unexpected night off. Anyway, I got home from work sunday and the line cook who was supposed to be on at burl was a nocallnoshow and so the sous-chef gave me a call and asked me to come in. I was really pretty pissed at the bugger who didn't figure he should show up, but the sous' father had had a heart attack the day before, so I made the trip so he could have the night off. Regardless of that when I got to work I was pretty pissed and it was real slow so I rounded up the troop and set the to a cleaning regiment (confidential to fillipe - bottom altosham, eighth inch of congealed turkey a/o pork fat coating the bottom - eew!). The dishwasher took his fine time getting the dishes done and then avoided the kitchen by talking on the phone in the banquet kitchen and the line cook was like, "are you in charge of me?," and I was like,"no, I'm not in charge of you, but it's like this, you can choose to follow my lead or you can slack around - it's your choice. Anyway the two of us cleaned for a while, cooked for a while and then bashed knuckles(friendly) at the end of the night, so I left in a much better mood than when I started and as a result stopped by the SA on my way home and picked up a jumbo candy bar and gatorade care package for the night crew at barbette, who were appreciative on account of having been slammed just before I got there. Anyway, that was my sunday, so I got home hung out and watched Hildalgo with Vigo Mortensen, real quality stuff.

Lately I've been pretty into the arcade fire and the shins, mixed with a fair amount of "Get Behind me Satan" by the White stripes. I've fairly cooled a bit on atmosphere, but that's likely becase this dude at work I introduced to atmosphere doesn't listen to anything else...........side note: I'm watching the eagles and falcons right now and they had some bloody country and western song playing highlights of the first half - not happy.........anyway back to the music, now I know how musebomb jerry feels about the voodoo glow skulls now.

I've not been sleeping so well lately, but I'm getting over that sooner than later - slept in this morning until like eight, so that's nice and then I ate two Chipoltle burritos for lunch, that was good, but I'm getting hungry again, so I may make myself a little pasta, I've got some canned whole pear tomatos, pasta, kalamata olives, and some cream in the fridge, so I'll likely whip something up on that end, but I really want to eat like three brats, so I may head to the store and do that too, we'll see what transpires.

over,
Chromeeyes

No comments: